Outlined below are some of the ways you can give to St. James’. If you require any further information please contact our church treasurer Clive Sprawson via email here or contact the church office on 01480 375938
There are two ways to do this:
- By setting up a direct debit with your bank through the Parish Giving Scheme– if you would like furher details on how to set this up, please contact the treasurer or pick up a Parish Giving Scheme pack from the church or Parish Centre.
- Through your employers payroll giving scheme (this only applies if your employer runs such a scheme – your Human Resources department can provide details on this).
Other ways to give
- A regular collection is taken at all Sunday services. Please use the giving envelopes provided if you use this method regularly.
- If you would like to send us a cheque or a giving voucher, please make it payable to St. James’ Church, Hemingford Grey
- You can give in the form of quoted shares and other securities (which entitles you to tax relief).
- You may also like to consider making a donation to St. James’ Church in your will. Please ask your solicitor when you make or change your will, or ask us for more information.
Tax Efficient Giving
- If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid Declaration if you have not done so already. The benefit to St. James’ is that we can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 25p for each pound given. (If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.)
A lasting gift to St James’ Church
Once you have made provision for your loved ones, you have the opportunity to make a lasting gift to God, by leaving a legacy to His church. A gift in your Will to St James’ Church is one of the most valuable and lasting ways you can continue to support its mission and ministry within your community.
A gift can be an expression of your gratitude and thanksgiving towards God, and can help keep your local church alive, and help transform its future.
Click for the PCC Legacy Policy.