1160 First building erected on the site.  The original church probably consisted of a short, chancel, an aisle-less nave and a central tower
1210 A south aisle was added north aisle of at least two bays added soon after and the chancel rebuilt and lengthened
1270 The central tower was removed and the nave and aisles were extended one bay eastwards to the chancel arch
1320 Both aisles were widened.
1390 The western tower was built, probably involving the destruction of the western end of the nave and the collapse of the western arch of the northern arcade, which was rebuilt as the pointed arch
1500 The vestry was added to the nave, and the roof of the south aisle was renewed
Mid 1600s In Oliver Cromwell’s time Royalists and Parliamentarians caused divided loyalties
1659 The date of the earliest memorial in the church. A floor slab in the south aisle to William Mason
1673 Date of the earliest church register now extant
1684-5 This is the date of the hallmark of a silver cup and paten that are the earliest items among the church plate.
1724 The present six bells were recast from an earlier peal of five by Thomas Eayre of Kettering
1741 A hurricane destroyed the spire, which was levelled off and finished in its present form.
1782 The no. 3 bell was recast by Edward Arnold of St Neots
1859 Extensive restoration work was undertaken, including a new chancel arch, exterior renovation of the chancel, rebuilding of the north aisle and the addition of the vestry
1882 The bells were re-hung by W. Eaton of Tichmarch, Northants
1884 The tower clock was erected by public subscriptions at a cost of £100
1889 The last recorded burial in the churchyard. The present cemetery is in Pound Rd
1914 The western tower was restored.
1960/1 The north parapet of the nave was rebuilt, the nave roof was repaired and the north aisle was re-roofed in copper.
1964 New Communion table and rails installed.
1977 Tower screen erected, church re-floored. Heating ducts under the floor, new seating, organ overhauled and improved
1989 Bell tower restored and two more bells added, making a peal of eight.
2003 Sundial relocated in the ringing chamber and replaced with a Welsh slate replica
2009-10 Major repairs to nave roof structure, south clerestory and new rainwater goods. Excavation to original ground level and new drainage to the river.
2010-11 Restoration of chancel.  New lime plastering to walls. Small pieces of remaining mediaeval plaster exposed. Walls lime-washed. Restoration of stonework to reveal marble columns of double piscina. New lighting installed.
2012 West door repaired with oak boarding.
2013 Restoration of nave.  New lime plastering to walls. Walls lime-washed. Restoration of arcade stonework.  Corbel faces exposed.
Floor plan showing centuries of construction

Floor plan showing centuries of construction